Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Lesson 3.3.1: Using Properties to Multiply and Divide Rational Numbers (Day 50)

Today my uncle passed away at the age of 59. He was my father's youngest brother. The cause as of now is unknown -- we don't believe that it's related to the coronavirus, but alcoholism was certainly a factor.

He was a big Lakers and Dodgers fan. The last time we spoke was over the phone last week, in celebrating the Dodgers as they advanced to the World Series. Therefore it is bittersweet indeed that the Dodgers finally won their first World Series tonight since 1988. I like to believe that the Dodgers won it for him.

One of my fondest memories of him was the time he invited the whole family to a winter barbecue. This was on the Sunday MLK weekend in 1994, when I was a seventh grader. (The next morning was the Northridge earthquake.)

I will surely miss my uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment